Under Cabinet Rope Lighting
Everyone asks us how we stay in business year round and the answer is simple we don't just offer Christmas lights, we offer a variety of Christmas and accent lighting that our customers can use year round, not just for Christmas.
Rope Light is one of those items that customers can use in a variety of ways to create a beautiful outline to their home at Christmas time or today we are going to highlight how you can use it in your Kitchen as mood or under cabinet lighting.
Materials you will needed:
- Rope Light - either in custom cut lengths or a spool depending on how much space you have to light up.
- Rope Light Connector/Power Kits
- Rope Light Clips or Mounting Track & Adhesive or screws to mount
- Drill and various larger bits
- Any extra extensions if necessary (helps create dead space or jump from cabinet to cabinet if needed)
Make a plan - if necessary work with an electrician to install plugs or help you be able to hard wire the rope light to work with an existing switch. Here are a few tips to remember when creating your plan.
- Remember rope light can only be cut every 18", cutting it anywhere else will ruin the last section of rope light.
- Have enough clips or track to mount rope light firmly to get uniform lighting.
- Make sure you will not be overloading a plug, rope light is 5.5 watts per foot for incandescent rope light and .8 watts per foot for LED.
- Measure twice, cut once. You've heard it before but again it is sound advice.
Once your plan is set then mount clips/track, insert rope light and plug in and enjoy your new workspace.
(Customer drilled small holes in back bottom of cabinets to jump rope light up & down to each set of cabinet bottoms without a lot of exposed wiring or plugs showing.)